- Tough On Jobs, Easy On The Budget: You get a combination of top performance and top value when you choose a WORKMASTER™ 35 or WORKMASTER™ 40 Value compact tractor. They’re built tough, are easy to operate, and provide reliable power day in and day out. If you are looking for the best compact tractor for your hard-earned dollar, WORKMASTER compact tractors are for you.
- Simple And Convenient Operation: WORKMASTER 4x4 compact tractors are free from clutter and easy to operate. Choose 35 or 40 horsepower, a gear or hydrostatic transmission. Either way, you can be sure you’re getting the absolute best value for your dollar.
- A Wide Selection Of Implements And Attachments: WORKMASTER tractors are an ideal compact farm tractor, landscape tractor or compact tractor. New Holland offers a long list of attachments, implements and accessories to expand the versatility of your WORKMASTER tractor to make them the best for the money. Add a loader, rotary cutter, disc harrow or backhoe to take care of your land, yard or job site. If you need to plow snow, a New Holland snow blade or snow blower can help get the job done. Implements enhance your flexibility, and add to the reasons why WORKMASTER compact and utility tractors are the best for the money.
- Wield The Power That Tames Tough Jobs: You can rely on your WORKMASTER tractor for years of dependable, trouble-free performance.
- Made To Last: Your WORKMASTER™ may be a small tractor, but it has a big-tractor backbone with heavy castings for the engine, transmission and rear axles. A cast-iron block, heavy-duty internal components and proven technology mean you can expect years of dependable, trouble-free performance.
- Fuel-Saving Power: Turbocharged, large-displacement three-cylinder engines deliver improved power and torque, as well as quiet operation. These 35- and 40-horsepower engines are more fuel efficient too, featuring a common rail, direct-injected, electronic fuel management system.
- Premium Engine Performance: You also get engine features that make you more productive. Engine Speed Management makes it easy to maintain a constant engine speed during PTO operations. Just set the engine speed you need and return to the setting at the touch of a button.
- An Emissions System That’s Automatic: WORKMASTER™ compact tractors meet stringent Tier4 Final emissions requirements for cleaner air. The New Holland emissions treatment system doesn’t require you to add fluids or stop operations like some other tractors. The system is completely automatic, and uses a combination of internal Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).
- More Speed Choices Than Competitive Tractors: New Holland gives you a choice of transmission, and both give you just the right speeds to get your job done effectively.
- Option 1: 12 X 12 Sync Shuttle Gear Transmission: The smooth-shifting 12x12 Synchronized Shuttle Shift (SSS) transmission offers more speed options than found on competitive-brand tractors. In addition, the shuttle is conveniently located directly under the steering wheel, making it simple to change direction using your left hand, and ideal for loader work.
- Option 2: Hydrostatic Transmission: For infinitely variable speed, choose the convenience of the three-range, two-pedal, hydrostatic transmission. Two foot pedals—one for forward, one for reverse—make it easy, even for a novice operator to mow, load or clear snow.
Hitch & Hydraulics Features
- Heavy Cast Iron Design And Big Hydraulic Power Big Hydraulic Flow Means Big Lifting Power: High-capacity hydraulics deliver a dedicated flow of 8.2 gallons per minute (gpm) and a three-point-hitch lift capacity of 1,808 pounds. This robust system allows you to handle a wide variety of implements to make the most of your working time. A separate steering pump – 4.2-gpm on gear transmission models, 5.3-gpm on models with the hydrostatic transmission – gives you up to 13.5 gpm of total flow and ensures responsive steering, no matter what other hydraulic demands are made on the tractor.
- Best In Class PTO: The electro-hydraulically engaged PTO is simple to use and independent of the transmission, just like on big ag tractors. Just turn a switch and the PTO is engaged and stays engaged even when changing speeds or depressing the clutch. This allows your implement to continue functioning while you maneuver the tractor. To stop the PTO and implement, simply depress the dial and the PTO is disengaged. It’s quick, simple and, mostly importantly, safe.
- Rear And Mid PTO: A 540-RPM rear PTO and 2000-RPM mid-PTO are standard on WORKMASTER tractors equipped with the three-range hydrostatic transmission, while the mid-PTO is an option on tractors equipped with the 12x12 SSS transmission. The mid-mount valve/joystick is standard on all models, making it easy to add a loader.
- Adapt To More Attachments: You can never have too many attachment options. A two-position, extendable drawbar comes standard. Plus, standard telescopic stabilizers and fixed link ends make hookup easy for three-point-mounted implements.
- Four-Wheel Drive (4wd): You’ll appreciate the performance of these 4x4 compact tractors. 4WD dramatically improves your productivity in wet, slippery and sandy conditions by providing additional traction and improving drawbar pull. 4WD comes standard on all WORKMASTER™ compact tractors.
- Reporting For Heavier Duty: You’ll get superior pulling power, maximum dependability when operating heavy implements, and peak fuel efficiency in slippery or sandy conditions courtesy of the heavy-duty cast-iron rear axle.
- Extra Traction On Demand: It’s reassuring to have extra traction when you need it. Simply push down on the differential lock heel pedal to lock both rear wheels together for additional traction in slippery conditions.
- Worry-Free Wet Disc Brakes: The best things in life are maintenance free. Smooth-applying wet disc brakes are sealed from dust, dirt and water for longer life. Whether equipped with the gear or hydrostatic transmission, WORKMASTER tractors provide independent left and right brake pedals to for assisted turning.
Operator Platform Features
- Designed For Operator Comfort: No other small tractor manufacturer packs more ergonomic features into their “value” tractors than New Holland. Step onto the spacious operator platform, and you’ll appreciate the lack of clutter and the simple, straightforward instrumentation. Sit down and you’ll notice even more advantages.
- The Best View Is Free Of Obstructions: One thing you’ll notice and appreciate right away is the unobstructed view offered by our WORKMASTER Series tractors. That’s because we put the muffler under the hood, and not in your line of sight as on other tractors.
- Premium Seating With No Tripping: A well-padded, contoured seat glides on a smooth track to place you at the right spot to maximize your comfort and visibility. And since the transmission controls are on the dash and fenders instead of the floor, the deck is wide open so that you can get on and off more easily.
- Designed With Safety And Storage In Mind: The Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) helps protect you if the machine tips over. All WORKMASTER Compact Tractors have a foldable ROPS so you can drive under trees and lower overhangs, and easily store the tractor in low-clearance areas.
- Additional Comfort Features: • Simple and straightforward electronic/analog LCD instrumentation provides an easy-to-read snapshot of your operational status. • All controls are ergonomically placed for hours of fatigue-free operation. • Left side step makes it easy to enter & exit the deck.
- Outstanding Versatility, Strength And Visibility: If you need to move gravel, mulch, plants, dirt or hay as quickly as possible, you'll need a 140TL front-end loader. It features a distinctive, angled-arm design that integrates with the sleek hood of your WORKMASTER series tractor, giving you a clear view of the loader's operation for added safety and productivity.
- Big Lift Capabilities: The 140TL loader will lift a hefty 1500 lbs. (680 kg), (measured at pivot pin 59” off ground).
- Easy To Operate: The single, joystick control mounts on the loader tower and is positioned to the right of the steering wheel.
- Tool-Free Mounting: Simple, Quick-Attach™ design allows you to easily mount and remove the loader without tools or the help of another person.
- Excellent Value And Performance: Invest in your future. The 140TL front-end loader is designed for durability, long life and excellent reliability. It offers construction-grade, heavily reinforced toughness at a value price.
- Sized For Your Needs: A heavy-duty 68-inch bucket is available for tough working conditions.
- Removing The Hurdles To Routine Maintenance: Our Value Compact Tractors save you time and money when it comes to maintenance, too. Convenient access to service points makes fueling up and performing routine maintenance quick and easy.
- Access Doesn’t Get Any Easier: Even when a loader or front blade is attached it’s easy to get under the hood of your WORKMASTER. Just open the hood, which smoothly raises on a gas cylinder, to access the engine, radiator, air cleaner, power-steering reservoir and battery.
- Fuel Up Faster: Fuel tank is conveniently placed behind the seat for easy fill and without risk of splashing diesel on the hood.
- 6-Year Limited Warranty, We Have Your Covered: WORKMASTER™ compact tractors are covered by the
- Gross engine hp (kW): 35
- Gear, speeds forward/reverse: 12x12 gear with synchronized shuttle
- Three-point hitch lift capacity at ball ends [lb. (kg)]: 1,808 (820)
- Rear PTO: Independent 540 rpm, dash-mounted, electro-hydraulically engaged